From Sussex to Kent to New Castle, Delaware is all about community. Our ability to establish a shared vision for students and collectively wrestle with tough issues distinguishes us from other states.
From January 2014 to September 2015, the Vision Coalition of Delaware worked to engage and unify Delawareans around education and listened to your views on the future of students in our state. The result was Student Success 2025.
The Coalition brought together a broad Steering Committee and six Working Groups that focused on key policy areas and engaged students, parents, teachers, and national and international education leaders, who lent their ideas and insights for improving student achievement.
Student Success 2025 would not be possible without the input of 4,000 Delawareans who helped guide the creation of this ambitious plan. Delawareans contributed through:
- A public online survey for sharing opinions and ideas about education;
- More than 30 community conversations held in Sussex, Kent, and New Castle counties;
- A survey and conversations with more than 1,300 Delaware seventh through 12th graders;
- An online discussion forum; and
- Discussions at the 7th Annual Vision Coalition Conference on Education, attended by more than 400 people